Massage therapy is a form of alternate medicine that has been around for thousands of years in the far East. It is a therapy in which the fingers, the thumb, the elbows and even the feet are used to put pressure on designated parts of the body. Massage therapists use long massage therapists use long smooth strokes, circular movements and kneading on the superficial or deep muscles of the body depending on the type of massage that is being applied and also on the ailment that the client is suffering from. They may or may not use a kind of lotion or an oil while massaging.
This form of alternate medicine improve circulation by bringing vital oxygen to the body tissues and nutrients also 출장마사지. Massage therapy relieves muscle pain and tension, increases mobility and flexibility, helps clear waste material such as lactic acid that is the cause of stiffness and pain in the muscles and the joints.
There are many kinds of massage therapy and ten of the most popular ones are listed below.
1. Swedish Massage Therapy: The most popular and common kind of massage in the United States. It is also known as simple massage therapy. The massage is primarily meant for relaxation.
2. Aromatherapy Massage: This is basically a form of therapy wherein one or more plant oils or essential oils that have a pleasant aroma are added to the massage. The type of oil that is used depends on the ailment that the individual is suffering from. This kind of therapy is most suited to relieving emotion related stresses.
3. Hot Stone Massage: Smooth stones that are hot are placed on specific parts of the body to loosen and warm tight muscles and balance what are known as balance centers in the body. Gentle pressure may also be applied where the stones are placed. It is good for relieving muscle tension.
4. Deep Tissue Massage: Here the deeper layers of the muscles and the connective tissues are targeted. Slower strokes and friction methods are applied across the grain of the muscle. This type of massage is used for recovery from injury, postural problems, repetitive strain, painful or tight muscles. Most people feel a kind of soreness after they undergo this form of massage.
5. Shiatsu: This is a form of massage that is predominantly used in Japan and uses finger pressure in a rhythmic sequence on what are known as acupressure points that are on the body. The pressure is applied gently but firmly and the pressure is held for two to eight seconds.
6. Thai Massage: This is somewhat similar to Shiatsu and aligns the energies of the body by the use of gentle pressure on specific points. Compressions and stretches are used in the performance of this massage. This form of massage is more energizing than the others and also improves the range of motion and flexibility.
7. Pregnancy Massage: It is also known as prenatal massage and is now being more and more popular among pregnant women. The massage is customized to the needs of an expectant mother and reduces anxiety, stress and depression, relieves pains and aches and decreases swelling.
8. Reflexology: It is also known as foot massage as the method mainly concentrates on massaging certain specific points on the foot. Each point on the foot corresponds to a certain internal organ and massaging that part of the foot affects the corresponding internal organ. This massage is particularly good for people who spend most of their time standing.
9. Sports Massage: This is a form of massage that has been specifically designed for those people who are involved in strenuous physical activity and those who are involved in sports. The massage is more effective in preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance. It increases flexibility and loosens muscles and can be applied wither before or after a strenuous physical activity.